Friday, November 14, 2008

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've posted. I've wanted to a lot, but just not got around to it. J and I couldn't believe it was already time for another Thursday night of great T.V. Office and ER were excellent last night! I cried my eyes out during ER! Anyway, last week we had parent conferences at school and they went really well. Only one parent didn't show, and she allegedly had twin babies on that day. (yet to be confirmed by her :) The Friday following conferences, we get a comp day for going in both evenings. So I planned all these fun crafts and didn't take the boys to daycare and was looking forward to a special day with them. It was special all right.

They both woke up puking. Ian was puking all through the night on Thursday. I thought at one point I could try and get a cat nap in between his episodes, (giving him a bowl) But he woke up and puked all over his bed. All the rest of time he mastered the bowl. (a great moment when they can control that!- Luke- notsomuch). So I got Luke up in the morning. He seemed happy but right after breakfast, it all came out. So much for the fun day. But the blessing was that I was already home with them and didn't have to worry about getting a sub and taking the day off.

I leave tonight for a long awaited girls' weekend in Seattle. My good friends chipped together and sent me Southwest gift cards to ensure that I could make it. All the other girls live in Washington, so I am the one that usually has to travel. I was touched and delighted by their gesture. I won't see my "BFF" (in Paris Hilton's terms) this trip, but maybe some other time soon. J's mom is coming into town tonight to aid with the load and spend special time with the boys. I'm sure they will have a wonderful weekend. Better get going. Busy day ahead.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hope you have an awesome restful time. It is certianly due after sick kids!

grammasnotes said...

proud of the woman who can see past the disappointment to the blessing.......