Well, I'm just trying to keep the days busy and the boys happy so that I in return have the most pleasant days a 9month pregnant gal can have. Plus- make the most of this summer before it changes drastically. Yesterday we went to another free movie- boys did great. It sure helps when it is a movie of interest. On Tuesday Luke accompanied me all day while bro went to daycare and we had a "special" day together. (which was code for - we both had doc appointments across the hall from one another 2 hours apart so we needed to be in Boise for awhile....)But other than asking where Ian was all day- Luke enjoyed getting the attention and being with mom. But most of all, he enjoyed his chicken nuggets at B.K. after his appointment because the GI specialist orders were to go back on gluten (wheat, flour) until his scheduled scope. (colonoscopy and
EGD) Apparently he needs to be "sick" again so the procedure can accurately assess the problem and diagnose it. Part of me is happy that he can enjoy decent food again and that I don't have to invest serious money into Fred Meyer for the next 3 weeks for special food, and the other part is dreading the poop that will follow. (we were already visited this morning by a load.....) So his scope is scheduled at the beginning of August (yes, can you believe that is only 3 weeks away???) and that should determine if he has 1)
Colitis- inflammation of the colon. 2)
Disaccharide deficiency - which could be several different specific deficiencies that could only be determined by the biopsies. Diet would have to be altered and enzymes taken. 3)
Celiac disease could be confirmed although he tested negative to it previously. 4) He is in the 1-5% that suffers from horrific
Toddler's Diarrhea and doesn't grow out of it until closer to 5. All the other possible diagnosis she has ruled out from our previous blood work, tests, diets, and trials. That's my understanding from the doc. Don't quote me on any of this. There's a reason I didn't do well in science......

So the big boy got a new transformer in his kids' meal at B.K. and he was very excited. Then we wasted some time and got ready to head to my appointment where he patiently waited in his a chair in the corner of the room listening to his story reader, while the doc stripped my membranes, commenting that it very well may put me into labor in the next 24-48 hours, (it's almost been 48 hours and n.o.t.h.i.n.g.) I was dilated to a 3 and she said Libby was very low and my bag was bulging. But I'm not hoping anymore because I don't think she's coming out any earlier than our scheduled induction- Tuesday morning at 7. That's fine. It's easier to stop expecting it to happen and just plan for that date. I just have to make it a few more days.....
So today we had a fun morning by making very last minute plans to go to the zoo with friends. (Bridgette- I should have called you this morning!!) The boys haven't been since last summer and they had a great time. Plus- half off on Thursdays!!!



Love Sophia H.'s face. She really was having fun.....
Pray for us on Tuesday and for Luke during the next few weeks......Hopefully next blog, I'll be reporting on Libby. Unless I get painfully bored before then. ;)
6 comments:
Joy, maybe you should go rent some videos tonight?? :)
Just heard on the news about an Italian restaurant that is becoming famous for its eggplant parmisiana because numerous women have gone into labor after eating it! They're going to rename the dish "The Inducer". Maybe you should try some. teehee
Thank you for the updates. Sorry she isn't here yet. Soon! Luckily you have an end in sight:) Good luck with little Libby. She'll be the sweetest princess in Idaho.
ps - My little man might rival your kiddos' spit up.
I have been checking your blog e v e r y d a y. Come on, Libby!
Hey Joy! Next week I have an insane school schedule so I won't be able to stalk your blog for baby news:) But I wanted to let you know I'm praying for all of you! Praying for a healthy mom, a healthy baby and a fast, safe delivery.
Hey Joy, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear news about sweet Libby tomorrow.
Post a Comment