My President's Day Blogs are always the same. Description of my wonderful day off. Worst part is- it reminds me of everything I am missing out on. We had a really nice day together. We woke up and played play dough. Then we went to a new premiere of a Veggie Tales movie (a fundraiser for Haiti) and yes- Libby did awesome. Then we headed to Dad's work and ate lunch and played games with him. After naps- we went on a bike ride and then they played outside while I made dinner in a nice quiet house with music playing. No rushing around, no screaming- "Mom, will you play with me???" And no fighting. Now, I'm quite aware that even if I was staying home with them- not every night goes like this. But it sure makes me think..... I even had time to clean my bathroom while they were napping. I don't know. (sigh) I would miss teaching soooooo much. But things seem to go so much better at home when they have more time with me/us. Something I'm praying about.....
In my class, things are going good. I have a new student that has a pretty tough life, and consequently- is pretty tough to deal with. The biggest challenge is that my class was really making great gains and had found rhythm in our routines and progress. I pray that doesn't stop. Last week, the new kiddo ignited some sparks among other students that were in "remission". My heart aches for kids that don't have their basic needs being met.- love, care, and self worth.....A conversation with a different student recently:
Me: Did you have a good night sleep last night? (his constant excuse if he doesn't want to work- which may be legitimate...)
Him: Yes! (major speech problems- but doesn't qualify because of his attendance rate)
Him: (huge smile) My dad gave me a kish lasht night.....wite here! (HUGE smile pointing to his forehead)
Really? a kiss is so rare in a household that a child remembers it as the best thing about his night.....?
this kid just yearns for love and attention. A smile and some praise will put him on the map.
Anyway....I gotta get this Tuesday started.....but I thought I could squeeze in a blog.
Have a good week!
4 comments:
Oh Joy. I completely see where you are coming from...both sides, the teaching and the wanting to be home more...something we are also praying about. Nevertheless, thankful for a job with days off for the family but also being able to make a difference for the others.
Love all the pictures Joy! Especially the red dress. Libby and the boys are so cute!
I am so thankful you are a teacher. You have the perfect heart for it. You have so much love for those kids. They are blessed to have you.
Praying for you -- so much! So many fronts. So much pain. Love pics of the kids -- more darling all the time. Can't wait to play!
It's fun to see new pictures of your sweet kids! Been thinking about you lately, glad to hear you had a wonderful extra day at home last week :)
Post a Comment