So in efforts to try and alleviate the daily chaos that haunts our evenings, Jer and I have taken up freezer cooking. We plan the meals, get the ingredients and bake 2 weeks worth of meals in one day and then freeze them. Jer is happy, because we can do it with football on. He's such a good help and has had a great attitude about trying to make it as easy as possible for me. Most of the meals I can just reheat in the oven. Some, even can go in the microwave. Then I can pop some veggies in the microwave and wah lah! It has helped a lot.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Well life has kept happening, whether I can keep up with it or not. Ian started Kindergarten and seems to be doing fairly well. (unless his teacher is making an Excel sheet and planning to tell me everything at once....) He is also attending our local Parks and Rec program on his off days, and he really seems to like it.
This past week, Libby has been battling croup. Dreadful. The boys never had it and it has been miserable. The worst part is figuring out who is going to stay home and what the day will look like.....I stayed home one day (went in to make sub plans at 5 am) and then other day I couldn't because I had someone coming from the district office to observe a student that needs more support. So Jer had to use his last 8 hours of time off. Sick kids is one of the hardest things when you are a working mom. (not that it's easy for any moms! it's just complicated trying to figure out the extra details...) 
Here is a pic of Ian doing his chores. Dad reminded him to line up his shoes so they weren't in a big pile and we came in and they were like this in the middle of the room. (in our defense.....almost all of them have been purchased at 2nd hand stores)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hang in there Joy! Sorry your sweet girl is sick. I hope she is better soon.
Love the meals. The food looks so yummy!
Miss ya!
I've been thinking of doing the same meal thing...I think I will now. You've inspired me! I hear you on the sick kids deal. So tricky at times. Unfortunately, we are "crouping" pros. All three of our kids seem to get it at least once a year, paired with asthma...it's awesome. Hope she's feeling better soon!!
My "dream" and what I pray for is that someday I can live close enough to help out with sick kids, etc. I could even bring dinner over on those tough days. Sigh...someday, Lord, someday?
Miss you, and I've been praying for Libby. Hope she's better.
Love you Joy. You do such a good job of not just managing, but thriving in your busy schedule. Maybe one day you could give seminars! Love and miss you guys-
Wow--those meals look delish!! Where did you get these ideas from? I never know what freezes well and what doesn't. You'll have to let me in on the secret :) Croup SUCKS. :( So scary. Noah has had it a couple of times. I am praying for the little peach!
Post a Comment