As hairy as the last few weeks have been, and despite a few days of break downs and tears (from me and the children)....last night I was reminded how rewarding and important parenting is. Ian had his school Christmas performance and he was......Santa! The day that he informed me of his role (months ago) I was shocked, impressed, excited anddddddd a little scared for the ham to come out during a serious performance. But he was so terrific. He had practiced for the part for weeks and the music teacher is so organized, that I was hopeful that he would pull it off. My stomach was in knots while we sat in the chairs waiting for it to start. During the day performance, that I just happened to witness because of helping at Luke's Christmas party, his Santa pants fell down and he had to deal with his first encounter of....the loud and cruel sounds of laughter seemingly directed at you. Once we talked about it in the evening, and I explained to him it was a "funny" thing, not that they were making "fun of you"- he laughed about it and told everyone he knew about the incident.
My dear friend watched Libby during the program and Luke (of course) sat so perfectly for it, and we could just watch and be proud of one child at a time. He did amazing. I was sooooo proud of his focus, his ability to stand still, his courage (huge audience and four 1st grade classes) and his precious personality. How could this be the little 4 lb baby that I once held? I have a feeling I'll wonder that repeatedly as time soars by....(I'm trying to upload the video, but it is taking FOREVER!!!)
On other fronts-the boys also participated in the Living Christmas Tree program. HUGE musical with 5 performances. They made it through. I think it really opened them up to singing in general. We have a little preschool performance that Libby and Luke are in this Sunday night. It should also be precious....
maybe I should save my toddler venting for another post. This one is fairly positive thus far. But- it's a good thing this is the last toddler I will raise.....I don't think I'd get out alive with another.....
1 comment:
They are all growing up so fast! Ian was amazing in the video from what I could see! Hoping to skype on the 24th or 25th this week. Merry Christmas to all--I sure am missing you guys. Love you!
Post a Comment