snow angels.......
Sorry for the sideways photo.....This time I decided for time and arguing purposes, I would frost the cookies and hand them to the boys to sprinkle. Luke kept digging his fingers into the icing and sneaking a lick. I kept saying, "Luke, don't eat the frosting, just put the stars on.".....In the most sincere and innocent voice, he would respond, "Mom, I not doing anything." while, continuing to eat the icing. A line in which he picked up from his brother and seems to know the perfect times to use it. I had to laugh under my breath. But- if I were you, I'd stay away from the cookies with the large star sprinkles on them. :)
Speaking of Luke, the latest update. Although he did test negative to celiac disease (which means you are gluten-intolerant), I started the gluten-free diet and he has been doing very well. It's been an adjustment, and it's difficult at times, but it's not the end of the world, and it's nice to see him feeling better. I send a lunch similar to whatever they are having at daycare (thanks to the many gluten-free options they have available at Fred Meyer- for a PRETTY PENNY- of course) and he has been doing well eating them. They even have donuts that we take with us and put our own sprinkles on them so he can't tell the difference when we go to donuts. Almost anything you can think of, you can get gluten-free. It looks different and taste different but he is getting use to it. I got some cookie dough and made a few cookies and froze them so when we have cookies- (like today) I just put icing and sprinkles on it and Luke is happy. It's difficult to go out to eat (but that is so rare- that it doesn't effect us that much). He can't have ice cream, so our Dairy Queen treat visits, have stopped, but he can have all meats, vegetables, rice, potatoes, sugars, fruits, etc....anything that doesn't have wheat, rye, or barley. It could be a lot worse! It will take me awhile to figure out our grocery budget to include all of his foods, but God will provide.
Anyway family is going to be surrounding us over the holidays and we are looking forward to making memories and teaching the boys the real meaning of Christmas.-........while Jer begs me every night to open a present.
Have a great Christmas everyone! I pray that you cherish the moments with those you love and recognize the Savior's gift to all.
4 comments:
Ohhh the infamous sugar cookies! Yum! I've missed our cookie days from college! Hope you start feeling better soon :( Merry Christmas!!
PTL that Luke is feeling better! I've been praying about that all along. I wonder if his test showed a false negative result?
I'm so glad you are trying the gluten free thing. Seriously, Dave was tested a few times for Celiac and it all came back negative - bizarre! They finally did an endoscopy and the diagnosis was official - it was Celiac. We started him on gluten free food immediately and he felt soooooo much better. The difference was incredible.
Shoot me an email when you get a chance and I can give you a ton of gluten free info. When we were in Idaho I ordered a lot of stuff of the internet, for much better prices. Check amazon and bob's red mill. Both have great deals and gluten free food has come a really long way.
Next time we are in town I'll bring you some homemade gluten free goodies and then I can meet the new baby too:) Congrats again - you guys are going to be great!
Annnd - there is a pizza parlor in Boise called Pizza La Chic. Check it out. Gluten free pizza, you can take it home and bake it or eat it there. It's great and who doesn't like a night out for pizza??
Post a Comment