Monday, February 16, 2009

President's Day

So does the President get today off? He should.
Thank you George Washington/Lincoln for being great and getting a holiday named after you. i appreciate the time with my kids!

Today has been a great day. We woke up, and the kids were happy. No arguing about going potty or what to wear. (we're trying a new marble system where they -mainly created for Ian- can earn marbles for doing things like big kids without fussing, but they lose them for bad choices i.e. arguing, throwing fits, talking bad, etc. At the end of the week, whoever has 10 marbles gets an ice cream cone. We're on day 2. So far, so good!)

They were able to have special cereal today (captain crunch -ya know- the sugar crap) and we even got a gluten free box for Luke. Luke was in heaven. He ate every last ball of cereal. You should have seen the look on his face after the first bite when he realized that it didn't have the normal tasteless blah that his food usually carries.

So then we were able to sit and have coffee and play with them instead of rushing off to daycare and work. Jer went to work and the boys and I played, cleaned our rooms, went outside and did preschool stuff. We even planted seeds for flowers.
But the highlight of the day was taking a picnic lunch to Dad's work and spending some time in his office.
Since he is a Mental Health Counselor with many young children/teens that they service- play therapy happens daily. So you can imagine the game options were endless for them.




I captured his face as he sat and enjoyed watching the pure excitement that came over the boys as they played. He loves to make them happy. And after today, I'm pretty sure that his office will outdo my classroom fun for them any day.

V-day was good. We didn't go on a big date or anything. But we always write each other letters. The sun was out so the boys got to play outside and it felt great to be outdoors without freezing. We took the boys to donuts in the morning and stopped by Other Mothers to look for good finds. We stumbled on 2 $1 pairs of jamies, Batman and Superman. Ian wanted to pick out some jamies for the baby too. I might have suggested.......an adorable pair of girl jamies, but he was insistant once I showed them to him. :) We got home and they wanted to wear their new threads for naptime. After nap, we went and got flower supplies but since Ian didn't not take a nap- but played around in his room the whole time, he fell asleep on the way home. We stopped by Coldstone Creamery and used a great coupon for some ice cream for us after they went to bed. It topped off a great day. I'm blessed!

So back to the working world tomorrow. But only 11 days til we find out about the baby. I'm not counting or anything! Mostly I'm just anxious to start nesting and to get the room ready. til next time......

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Can't wait to hear about the baby! I love all of your fun discipline ideas...we could use a few around here. Yeah for days off.

Melissa said...

I am so excited to find out what it is! I'm hoping to be meeting a Libby in about 4 months!!!!

KarenK said...

What a fun day! Can't wait to hear what gender the baby is! Love the marbles idea. I think I saw that not long ago on Nanny 911 and thought, "Hm, is Jack old enough for that yet?"