Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


I never thought 13 years ago when I purchased this Batman costume at a Goodwill Store for High School Spirit day- that I would be persuaded to put it on and play superheros throughout the house with my kids. As soon as the costumes came on- the boys had enough energy to run a whole city. I still struggle with creating the right dialogue in the superhero world. Playing house or barbies are much easier....but I had fun with everyone today. We woke up and made Christmas chains, wrote letters to Santa, played legos, hopscotch, and lots of superheros.


Last week we went and visited my parents. It was a great trip. The kids did well and we had a nice mix of relaxing and doing fun things. But I can't tell you how much work it was to go there. Packing for 5 people, sub plans for 3 days, getting 3 nursery duties covered, 2 school duties, driving the 8 hours, as well as many other loose ends.... but it was worth it. Here is evidence of the horrible trials of a family picture. You should have seen my dad dancing behind the camera to encourage smiles.
Can you find the grinch?

I've been meaning to blog for ever. This is from several weeks ago- we had a surprise party for my friend Brooke. The big 30! Woot Woot!


The same day- I had a brunch with my college friends. It was our 5 year college reunion but we opted to just get together. SO great to catch up. Never enough time.... miss you all!

The boys love playing with Papa.

Ahhh. It's been a good Thanksgiving break. 2 dinners and I didn't have to cook a thing. :) The boys helped decorate the tree on Wednesday and I have finally let go of having a well-decorated tree. Last year I let them help me and then fixed it when they were sleeping. This year it looked great with all their hand crafted ornaments. Today I put up the rest of the decorations and we are officially ready for Christmas. (or at least our house is....)
Libby is doing great. Took her to the doc Wed. and she's gone up to the 90 percentile in height and 97 in weight. I'm just relieved that it's proportioned now. :) She was such a doll on the trip. She just sat and stared at me in her car seat. Gazing at me like I was the most beautiful person in the world. She loves Dad as well. He just speaks- and she smiles. So I should get to sleep. I can't believe I have a Saturday tomorrow. :) I wish I had Thanksgiving break once a month!










3 comments:

lynn halsey said...

So glad you were able to get home to your parents for the holiday. The kids are so handsome/beautiful! Miss you all.

KarenK said...

Ohmyword! I love it that Libby has a superhero mask too. So awesome.

Tami said...

Glad you enjoyed the holiday! Love that you whipped out the old high school costume for the kids. Do kids like anything more than having their parents act like kids? Maybe when Libs is old enough you can pull out the blazers and scarves and pretend you are both middle aged:) Hope to see you soon!