
Last week my precious mom came and stayed with us for about a week! She babysat them when Jer and I did a race and stuck around for parent conferences. (I think this was the best that we got out of the pics- Mom!) Thank you for all you did to help us out. The kids loved doing crafts with her and getting that special Grandma attention.

Then the day after she left, Jer's mom flew in for a quick 24 hour trip. (no kidding) She got to experience Halloween with the boys and they loved every minute of it! Thanks for making time to come over!


A couple of weeks ago, we ran the Prison Break Race. A group of us just did the 10K, and then others pushed through the half-marathan. (no thanks!) I had to leave after a few hours to go home and nurse Libby so I didn't get a pic with everyone. But it was nice. It was pleasant. And I felt great running it. I think I prefer those over the half-marathans! The best part? The fresh,hot omelets they made and served us in the 40 degree weather.

Halloween. Buzz, Woody and a little Flower....

"To infinity and beyond!"

The boys really enjoyed Trick-or-Treating. Although we did it the last two years- they were in full effect this year. Who wouldn't enjoy dressing up and getting candy all night? Ian would run ahead to the door (we kept commenting that he ran just like Buzz did in the movie. It must have been the boots!) Then lil' Woody would catch up behind him. We kept reminding Ian to say thank you for the candy. So one time we heard him say, "Please and thank-you!" as he walked away with his goods. He runs up to us and says, "Mom! I said both of them at once!" I finally convinced them to stop so they could hand out candy at home. Sure enough- once we got home, our clientele had died down. But with each knock, the house erupted in excitement.
My conferences went well. Only one student that I'm really stumped on how to help. Really stumped on how not to be frustrated with him all day. You just wish you could tinker in their brain and find out what makes them tick. Or know much love they are or aren't getting at home. It's tough. But the rest of my class is doing well. It's so refreshing to see growth and have students that make your day enjoyable. Next year will be another tough year because of the mix of kids we have coming. Each year as the students get older, the work load is bigger- therefore it's more challenging to have kiddos that don't naturally do well in the classroom setting to begin with. Plus the varying levels of student abilities get wider and you have more differentiated instructed you must give. (teaching individuals at their own level)
Enough about that! I must get my morning started. Only a couple more months til I don't have to pump all day which will relieve some of the morning stress and time consumption.
Happy Wednesday!
2 comments:
Love the costumes, the flower child and the two big "toys". They'd be good at acting out the real characters -- in a few years. And oh, by the way, Grandmas love passing out love!
Wow, the boys are looking so grown up! It has been way too long since I've seen them...can't wait for Leavenworth! :)
Post a Comment