Thanks for all your words of encouragement ladies. The first 3 days have gone fairly well. I actually think they are the easiest of the whole year because it is the honeymoon stage. The kids that act out when they can't do the work- are sitting nicely because we're not doing real work yet. So - it turns out I currently have only 24 students. 4 did not show but have not been withdrawn, we'll see. But I have had to deal with the situation I mentioned earlier- every day this week and it is still not resolved.
But as we speak, this unique and special man that I am married to is downstairs being completely entertained by a door-to-door salesman that is offering a free carpet shampoo. He LOVES to be sold. I HATE to be sold. I won't answer the door- just to avoid it. He'll invite them in and offer them food and drinks. So in the middle of our busy Saturday (Dog obedience school this evening, laundry, lawn mowing, kids napping,....) the carpet guy has to bust in and take over our living room. I'm upstairs, biting my tongue because clean carpet or not- I'd rather he not be here. (Wende- don't comment on how much I need him)
So a moment ago my eager husband took a second out of watching the incredible show (the guy cleaning, not the Olympics) and came upstairs to tell me, "This guy's phenonmenal! You should come down and see how much dirt he got off of our carpet!" Uh. No thanks.
So anyway- we took the kids to the water park today. We got 4 free tickets from winning the family name game on the radio. (Which will stretch out to 2 visits for our family!)
The kids had a great time. It's so fun to see them happy.
So I don't know if I've mentioned on here yet- that I too, am doing the half- marathon. It's in October-which is creeping up. Training was pretty slow going but my 5 miles felt pretty good yesterday so that gave me hope. I'd like to make it a goal to run the whole thing- but I don't know if I can work up to that in 7 weeks. I'll just be determined to do it. Jer is doing it too. I'm so proud of him. :)
Last Friday we tried to have a camp out in our backyard. Of course we picked the day it was 102 degrees to do it. But Ian would not stop talking about the fire we needed to build.
Male bonding.
low carb? Notsomuch. I've tried to stick with it, (we have 4 days left) but on the weekends, it's really hard to just tell him- no you don't get it, when everyone else is having something. Especially PB&J.
So the boys had fun, but it was so hot that we were all melting by the fire and decided to go in and just watch a movie with popcorn, despite the tent that I had already put up.
3 comments:
Jeremy sounds like Luke-just doesn't have the heart to say no...but "come on in for a pop." He always tells me, "they get paid to give a demo honey,-let's give him a chance."
Glad your first week went well. It's always a relief to have it over and be able to move along with a routine.
We should have used your idea to camp in the backyard.
Way to be creative! Nice. If you had s'mores and a campfire you covered the most important bases in my opinion.
ps: please tell Jeremy that I'm sorry I almost hit him and the boys as they drove into the subdivision this morning because I was frantically trying to get Noah to the bus on time.
Backyard looks BEAUTIFUL! The men just add to the scenery!
Post a Comment