Well yesterday Papa came with us to the store after donuts and bought the kids their costumes. Prior to this, we had searched second-hand stores, craig's list and other places, refusing to pay a lot for something they would wear once. These were the only ones left that fit them and that weren't a horror character. (the girls' costumes were so much better....) So I have just accepted that superheros are going to be a part of my life no matter how much I try to avoid it.
But I think we have already gotten our money's worth from them because once the boys tried them on- they wouldn't take them (except for nap and bedtime- I made them). They played in them, wrestled in them (Dad put on a mask and was the bad guy- now they want Dad to have the mask on evey time they wrestle) and we went to rent and movie - and Batman and Spiderman came with us.
Some days I wish I could be 3 again.
Here are some other recent pics.
The 3 loves of my life. If only hubs would smile for pictures.
Fall Clean up! I swear it was only 7:15pm.
Decorating fall cookies.
That's all for now. Time to get kiddos up for church.
9 comments:
Oh my goodness, the superhero pictures are AWESOME. I hear you on the boys costumes...I still don't know what I'm doing for mine.
I LOVE that little batman! He looks so cute- miss you guys too-- trick or treating would REALLY be fun together this year!
Awesome costumes! You guys should be a family of superheroes - batman, spiderman, Mr. Incredible, and wonderwoman. Also, do not assume the grass is greener on the other side. I refuse to buy the typical princess, fairy, or flower costume.
so cute Joy! Emme keeps telling everyone that she will be a mouse this year, even though we did NOT buy a mouse costume! Levi will also be Spiderman! Funny considering how he's never seen a movie about him, he picked it right out while shopping for costumes!:)
PRECIOUS! They are so adorable!!! Still don't have Noah's costume...have NO idea what he will be!
Forgot to mention how incredible Luke's cheeks and chin look in his costume and how right on Ian's spiderman poses are...
Those are so cute...I love that Halloween costumes get used over and over...makes them almost worth paying so much for. N wore his Incredibles costume so much...and it was getting to tight, I had to hide it. I never really loved Halloween as a kid, but I definitely enjoy it now--
Those boys just keep getting cuter and cuter with every picture you put up! I agree with Tami, Jeremy should definitely be Mr. Incredible--I never realized how alike they look. I think joy should be some kind of Black Widow in tribute to her old car.
I got Cooper's costume last night. One of the typical-you'll see 15 other kids with it on costumes. This is where a little sewing skills would come in handy!
You guys are awesome - I love the pics! I loathe making sugar cookies (unless it's the pre-cut pilsbury dough, of course)but I think today I will break out the cookie cutters and just make a day of it. We have pumpkins to carve, pumpkin seeds to bake and now, sugar cookies to cut out. How much fun is that?!
How is your little guy doing with all his tummy issues? Any better?
Post a Comment