Friday, October 3, 2008

A mom's life

Here are a few highlights from my week. The good, the bad and the ugly.....

1. Our furnace wasn't working, even after we tried everything, talked to a few friends, researched it, and applied all suggestions. Called the serviceman, he came over and said...."So what's the problem? It works fine." God has a unique sense of humor - that morning I prayed for it to be a minimal problem with a minimal cost. However- the irony of the $70 service call still stings.
2.A day in the classroom with 3 different meltdowns, a boy that had to be escorted out of the classroom by me carrying him in his chair with his arms clinging to his seat- refusing to move. One wet pants, (probably the 15th time this year by the same student) one diarrhea on white pants, one boy whose bio parents are losing parental rights this week- and the gal whose father passed away coming up to me every 10 minutes with some kind of ache.....
what? Learning is supposed to happen amidst all that?
3. Jer got through a month of Jury duty with only having to go in for 2 hours. PTL!
4. Unbeknownst to me, I misplaced our waterbill or threw it away with credit card offers (since the format changed this month apparently...) and I came home on Wednesday with............No water. Love it. love it. Called and got a service man to come out and turn it on just in time to wash wet sand off the boys for dinner. Water bill+$25 deliquent fee+$25 afterhour service fee.
stings.
5.I discovered that the floor of my shower CAN be white. If I scrub with all my might for 53 minutes.
6.Code Brown from Luke- a special treat in the bath last night. He had corn dogs for lunch and I swear I could have pieced together the skin of the hot dog. Still no improvements on him.
7. Dropped boys off to daycare this morning while I clean house (no school). I was talking with my sitter upstairs and the boys went on down. Suddenly Ian screeches and begins bawling, yelling that L hit him. I met him at the stairs and blood was streaming down the back of his head. They must have been romping and then L pushed him back. The only thing we can figure is that he hit his head on a bed frame. (sigh) I hope I make it raising boys.
8.FOUND MY KEYS. They were in the back row of the van, that had been folded down flat for several weeks. It's amazing what you come across when you clean.
9. This morning when Dad told Ian to go potty, (he is not a morning person) Ian responds with a tilted head and a pointed finger, "You want me to put you in here? I'll flush you down the potty." Dad laid down the law about talking with respect and then came and reported the zinger to me. We laughed hysterically. Where do they get this stuff?
10. Had a quick lunch date with Jer yesterday and we did a little mall walking. Always nice to spend time together.


Ahhh. It's Friday. I have few more hours of cleaning to achieve. The Christmas tunes have been my best companion through it all. The boys are trying to earn a special night of decorating fall cookies and watching It's the Great Pumkin Charlie Brown tonight. Grandma also comes tonight, then the race is on Sunday. It should be a good weekend.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Why don't we teach at the same school so we can be frustrated together and lean on each other for support?...it would be so nice.

Love the potty story, that is hysterical.

our kids are pretty much the same age...we've got the pushing and hitting going on here today-sometimes we actually have to laugh at it, but I can see how it's going to get old real fast:)

good luck with the race this weekend...you need a great weekend to recover from this week.

Anonymous said...

After the week you've had - 13.1 miles is EXACTLY what you need! 13.1 miles of uninterrupted YOU time with only your favorite tunes pounding in your ears. Seriously, what a great stress reliever!

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it from you and Amanda:)

Tami said...

Please write a memoir. It would be better than Barbara Walters' or Tori Spelling's. How could all those episodes possibly fit into a week? It's amazing the things we can endure as humans. But then life just goes on and soon there will be a week of pure bliss. I feel bad because you are the type of person that others often think of as wonderwoman, one who could handle anything, but you always have the right to be tired, angry, or exhausted. And you deserve a break once in a while...pedicure, facial, or just a breath of fresh air. Hope your bliss week comes sooner rather than later:)