We have been practicing our bikes since Luke got his new one for his birthday. We tried to explain to the boys that we would just ride in our driveway and down the sidewalk both ways, but not take a big bike ride. So Luke can't seem to get the hang of the pedaling motion. For a long time his big wheels were too far for him to reach the pedals so he he just scooted along- and now he doesn't have the pedaling motion. Ian decided to help him.


They are napping right now and then tonight we'll have spaghetti and head out to a popular park in Boise and enjoy a treat an old Soda Fountain Ice Cream Parlour. Then tomorrow, back to the grind.....
Ian rode his bike and practiced his turns in the driveway. I told him to ride down the sidewalk and then found this scene...
Where was it, you ask?... ----Next door. He was "resting". LOL. And the next day he had the worst calf pains from booking it up our slightly slanted driveway. He winced in pain as he walked. I don't think he will be our athlete....
This weekend, I was lucky enough to spend some time with my good friend, Tami. She flew in for a wedding and spent one night at our place. The boys LOVED her of course and our babes are only 2 weeks apart so it was great sharing stories and just being at the same spot in life.
It was a great visit!
Today is beloved Labor Day and mom and dad both don't have to go to work, so the boys were ecstatic. I woke up this morning to the smell of cinnamon rolls that dad had made. We got ready and found some great finds at Other Mothers. Then we ate lunch and made our first Bowling Memory! The boys loved it!
4 comments:
Glad you and Tami had a great weekend together. Two babies together are so cute. Love the chubby cheek smiles!
silas scoots himself along too. Did it work for Luke? the pedaling I mean?
cute little babes, she is getting big!
So cute. Love the one of Ian "resting". We got one of those bug vacuums this winter, but the pieces got lost before they had a chance to use it. Typical. :)
Thank YOU for a great weekend visit. Next time lets make it longer (and maybe with our dudes). I came back refreshed after all the parenting talks and watching you guys teach your little boys how to behave all the while letting them have fun. Great job! Libby is PRECIOUS and I cannot wait to see how she handles her brothers. I loved watching the boys play and interact. They are each hilarious and sweet and I enjoyed their attention:) Hope to see you again soon, Joy!
Post a Comment