Thursday, July 1, 2010

10 years later...

This past weekend, my old high school friends and I all commuted to Wenatchee for a big get together. For the first time, we made it a complete family affair, instead of just a girls' weekend. First off, let me say, that this group of friends is a treasure that most don't find in a lifetime. I often pray that my own kids will be blessed with relationships similar to these. 10 years later and nothings changed except it has matured into a lifelong relationship and not just a life phase friendship. (which are important in life as well....we all need to have people we can relate to at different phases in life). Not everyone was present the whole weekend, (BECKY you were missed! ) But every time I get with them I feel like, "(sigh). It's good to be back...."
I don't know how to describe it, but it is invaluable.
One day we had a pool party, which was great. But- much different from our "laying out in the sun days" in high school. Complete chaos! Somehow it was still okay. Yet we were all grateful for grandparents in the evening so we could get together as couples and even a few guys/girls nights.


Mom Date- early morning coffee.....SO great to be with them.

We took a hike up Saddle Rock.

summer cupcakes for our BBQ...
Lib found a boyfriend there (Wyatt - who is the cutest!!!). She was a little nervous about their first kiss....
All our families, a few missing here-

Here's all our children, except Emery is missing!
Ian stepped on a splinter.....

We are missing a few in this pic.
Libby and I at the water park.
So 2 trips down now, 3 more to go. We returned to find ants bordering about 5 walls in our house. (remember: I have a 1 year old crawling around and putting everything in her mouth) So needless to say, spraying, moping and cleaning the entire downstairs floor was not something I wanted to do after a 9 hour drive with 3 kids. Their all over my garden, in my flower beds, EVERYWHERE!! We've seen a few in the past- but their friends must have "picked up the scent trail". We've been reading on how to get rid of them.
Anyway, this week we have been unloading all the suitcases and doing laundry only to pack them all again for this Friday. We're going to see Jer's family this weekend for the 4th. It should be fun and we are all looking forward to it, but I just wish trips didn't all have to be in the summer. We're also trying to complete some house projects, like painting, but those can only be done when kids aren't around, so between trying to go into work and get stuff done there,
and use my very little daycare days to get projects done that can't otherwise be worked on- it's been interesting. The garden is growing nicely. Except for the ants. I have harvested lots of broccoli, lettuce and cilantro. Everything else is still growing. That's all for now.

No comments: