This is from a few weeks ago, and August is the crazy month, so finally some things are taking off. My cucumbers are fighting to reach the sun, so that is one change I'll have to make next year.( they were up against the fence along a lattice) We used some of our first peppers last night it an omelet. Yummy! Amazing so much spice can come from those little things. My cilantro has matured (much earlier than my tomatoes have arrived), so I'm trying to see if I can plant another batch of them and have them germinate quickly in the August sun. Since we often don't have a fall- maybe there's hope.
I constantly have a large supply of lettuce. Which is nice, because we love salads. But having the time to cut, soak, and dry it first has been challenging. My next challenge is getting a little bit of something. Like green beans,- 5 green beans at a time, what do I do with them. It's not enough to cook up for dinner. My basil is going crazy- but I haven't made much with it yet. We've been on the go so much.
So, I've decided...I really enjoy it. I wish we had more room for more things that got direct sunlight, but we can't have everything in our yard. Now we'll see how much time I have when I go back to work full time, (have a kindergartner, a walking baby, and don't forget the middle child that is lunging out for attention)....to harvest all that August brings.
So, I've decided...I really enjoy it. I wish we had more room for more things that got direct sunlight, but we can't have everything in our yard. Now we'll see how much time I have when I go back to work full time, (have a kindergartner, a walking baby, and don't forget the middle child that is lunging out for attention)....to harvest all that August brings.
4 comments:
Awesome! You're giving thanks!
I love the little teeny tiny baby tomato in your little harvest! so cute! I enjoy gardening too. It's very rewarding to go out with a little one and let them pick a carrot or tomato and teach them how things grow. :) I have two tomato plants this year and, lo and behold, a deer came and ate every.last.one a few days ago. Needless to say, I'm pissed. >:(
This is what I miss most about not having a house. I loved watching and waiting for stuff to come up or out. I'd come home from work and go straight through the backyard fence and be out there in my work clothes for over an hour. Loved it!!!
Enjoy your harvest!!!
That's a strawberry, you nerd! Haha
Post a Comment