
Last weekend Hubs and I were able to go on a date. Not just a quick- dinner/movie rush home date- but the best date I can remember since before we were married. This is the result of several things. We had been planning on going because Grandma had the weekend off from work (and normally works weekends) so she had offered to take them overnight. We knew this would probably be our last big date until after things settled down with Libby. Last week, the same generous mom (of a student) that had baby gifts for me- gave me several generous gift cards which can only make a date even
better when you don't have to spend money- but you get to do things that you can't normally do. So the boys were anxious to go over to Grandma's house and we were able to begin our date at 4:30 on a Saturday evening. Normally you're exhausted by dinner and a movie and ready to go to sleep anyway - kids or not! So we started by going to dinner (with no wait of course at 5pm Sat. night). It was delish. Then (after the "You look like you're going to pop!" statements) we headed to Barnes/Noble. We sat and had a coffee and both got a huge stack of books to peruse and silently sat in contentment as we read and enjoyed each quiet moment together. Those are the best moments when you know both of you are happy and you don't have to say a word. I found a few great books on the bargain table and we headed to the mall. (still not spending a cent) We strolled in the mall (I get there about 3 times a year, these days and 2 of those are at Christmas time....) and found some more incredible deals. We were heading out at about 7:45 and decided- Yeah! We're still awake.....why not do a movie, too? We don't have to rush home for anything......So- with another surprise gift card that we discovered the last time we were at the movie, we went to see Wolverine. Good flick. We walked out hand in hand in the rain, and were completely content. Granted- we got to do fun things- without spending money, and had a long babysitting gig
. Every couple needs to make time for those moments.
Anyway
.... it was a great evening. And yes, it was on this occasion that Jeremy experienced
this. (see
yin and yang)So this week we started swim lessons. I'm so glad Ian did it last year because this year he is so much better at complying. Luke follows his lead and they have both been doing well. It's
such a relief to not be on the edge of my seat wondering what naughty or inappropriate thing is my child going to blurt out during the lesson. Last year, I remember just watching every minute go by hoping for it to be over. He's finally growing up. And he may not turn out quite as bad as I have often wondered....


Here are the final pics of Libby's room. Minus the glider that my mom is recovering the cushions on. (thanks Mom!)They aren't the best pics but it'll give you an idea. (BTW- most of my big things and many clothes, we got from a baby consignment store after we traded in our boy stuff. If you have a nice one in your area- they are amazing!)




And I'm ready. I'm ready for her to come- I'm ready to get this part over with. I'm ready for the boys to meet her and I'm hoping and praying that she will melt her Daddy's heart. If she doesn't now- I'm
sure she will eventually. Oh, and I'm praying that despite my love for the precious, cute burp cloths many of you gave me, I'm hoping that I won't be using them for actual spit-up. Let's hope they are slobber cloths. If you knew my sons as babies, I don't wish the exorcist baby upon anyway, and I am pleading with God to make her different.
I saw the doc yesterday and she reported although she's low, and I'm a little softened, my cervix is still closed. (darn.)
So....onward we go.
8 comments:
Room looks great! You've been hard at work. Sounds like EVERYONE is ready! Enjoy these last few days.
you look adorable. Sounds like the PERFECT date. Luke and I have been reading jeremy's blog...it is hysterical. Luke was laughing out loud. I hear you on the consignment store...the best way to go.
So cute! :) What baby consignment store do you go to?? :)
I thought NOAH had a lot of clothes! What more could a girl ask for?? She's all set :)
Very cute room and I am so glad you and Jer had such a great night together.
Looking forward to meeting LiBBy! :)
You guys look so good! The room is adorable and you seem all ready for Libby. All your encouragement and love alongside the consistent teaching of manners has really paid off. So glad to hear your boys are doing so well:) Wish we could have weekly playdates and bbqs. Keep enjoying summer!
I am SO excited for a little girl to be in your household. The room is amazing! FUN date. Glad you got at least one more in before the #5 stockett arrives!
What an adorable nursery. You look great! Can't wait to hear the big announcement!
Post a Comment