Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

After months of planning and dreaming about this playground, we finally were able to purchase it and get it up! It arrived the night before my parents came into town to watch our kids while we went to retreat. My dad thought the job would be a piece of cake- but due to the MILLIONS OF PIECES in the kit- it turned out to be bigger than he predicted. While he was here he was able to get everything sorted out and labeled for us, as well as the fort frame set up. Since Luke was sick last week, during a few nap times I was able to go out and begin to piece things together. It turned out to be really fun. I enjoy doing projects like these and see them slowly come together. Jeremy- not his cup of tea- so I was happy to get most of it done before our designated day on Saturday to finish. By the time Saturday rolled around- all that needed to be done was attatch the swing set portion and hang the swings. Perfect job for my tall husband.
I love it! I can just look out my kitchen window and watch them being boys. Or I can be out there playing with them. We hope to put sand in the sand box part soon. Ian will be all over that! I hope it will bring us many years of memories and for the boys- a place to let their imagination run wild. Thank you God for this great blessing that brings our family joy. :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! I would love to have one of those for our kids. Ella will love to play on it when we visit!

grammasnotes said...

WOW! So proud of you for getting it together! You've done things I've never done, starting with using a drill! Have fun! Just always keep gas in one car for a trip to the ER!

KarenK said...

I am so impressed that you did most of that yourself. I have no idea how to handle a drill and the biggest thing I've ever put together is the crib. You are the woman.

Your mom cracks me up- gas for trips to the ER. Bwahahaha!

Sherry said...

how awesome!! way to go putting it together!...impressive:) I'm sure the boys are having a blast on it.