Today I am home with Lukey. He woke up lying in his own puke and diarrhea. Poor guy. When the kids are sick- is when I most wish that I stayed at home. It is so stressful to know if I should get sub (if I can even get one- by the time I realize they are sick), if they should go to daycare- if it will blowover- or- do they just need mom right now? When E was sick- it was really hard- because he would be doing fine in the evenings but when we woke him up at 7 am he would have a fever and it would be too late to get a sub. Fortunately- Luke woke up at 4:30 and was puking- so it wasn't a hard decision. We both changed our clothes about 4 times due to 4 different occasions of vomit in a 40 minute period. Then on the other end- he is so flamming red that he screams bloody murder when I try to change him (which was also about 4 times in 40 minutes) . He held his shaking hand over his mouth in pain, while he cried out and kicked to be released from a doomful wipe. I almost cried. I should complain- my boys don't get sick that often! But it has been 4 different things in the last 3 weeks. Oh- well. Someone else somewhere has it a lot worse.
2 comments:
I hear you. A couple of weeks ago, Sy had a 103 temp. when I put him to bed. I had to set my alarm for 3am that night to check on him so I could call in for a sub in time. All that too say, I understand your dilemma. Cute pictures of the boys by the way, they are getting so grown up!
No matter who you are, what you do, or how old your kids are it is always hard when they're sick. I hope he feels better soon.
Try a layer of Vaseline all over his entire bum. It helps protect the skin from the next scalding batch of diarrhea.
Hope he feels better soon and that it doesn't spread. :(
Post a Comment