
It has been a great weekend! It started off with a date night on Friday night! (That alone can make a great weekend, right?) J & I went to
TGIFridays for dinner. Decent. Then we decided to use the rest of our time perusing Goodwill. Found something for both of us for a total of $10.00. Splendid. Then we got the boys, went home- that night sleep wasn't terrific I must say. Luke woke up several times with desperate, non-stop, inconsolable cries. (which is extremely uncommon for him) Then I couldn't sleep because I was nervous about waking up on time to take my sister to the airport at 5:45am. All night I kept checking the clock,- afraid I had overslept, only to get up on time and arrive to their house and my poor sister and her husband had overslept! It all worked out. Sat. morning we went on our traditional donut shop stop and met "Papa" there. The boys love it! They actually both sit nicely and enjoy every crumb of their donut and chocolate milk (as long as we corner them in a booth). Then by the grace of my heart, I suggested that we take a trip out to the human society to look at puppies.
J has been begging for a puppy since our last one was put down right before Ian was born. I'm really not an animal person. At all. But I always said- "Once the boys are bigger, it would be fun to have family dog." Which is probably true- but I just HATE the smells, the hair, the upkeep, the poop! Small sacrifices I guess to have a happy husband. The boys would LOVE it too. It seems like one more responsibility right now, but we'll see. Any regrets, Karen? So we traveled out for a viewing. There weren't any that we couldn't live without. But you know J checks online daily for the potential lifelong companion that we will someday embrace. Then we went home- ate lunch, put the boys down for a nap. I did the dreaded
Walmart grocery trip. But at least it's over for a few weeks. J actually cleaned out the closet and made yard sale piles while I was gone (at no prompting!). The man could clothe the NFL linemen of the Greenbay Packers with everything in his closet. (Although he is sitting here and he told me the cast of the Biggest Loser was more accurate).
Then in the evening, we met up with some friends and went swimming at the Rec center. The boys love the water!

Today we got ready for church-the morning went smooth, (always a plus) and we even had time to let them find their Easter baskets since I am leaving next Friday for
Tennessee and won't be here for Easter (sob, sob). Luke is coming with me to meet family back east but J&I are staying here. We went against all odds of a so-far perfect day and went out for our fancy, uptown Easter dinner at none other than
Primos. All you can eat- pizza buffet- which neither of us really like but the kids can eat/ or not eat (at no expense to us) and you can get your food immediately instead of waiting for the kids to be restless before the food even arrives at the table. It
miraculously went well. Came home- no clean up- watched 20 min of Baby Einstein-boys went down for a LONG nap. I was able to clean up, budget, laundry (some of course) and do this.

Tomorrow of course is St. Patrick's Day. I made these for my class. E will probably take some to daycare to share with friends as well. At school, the "leprechauns" come and turn the classroom upside down, leaving footprints, glitter, gold coins and always a good treat! I love any good reason to celebrate and add some fun to the day. God knows I need it as much as they.
The boys got up from nap to enjoy an outdoor Easter egg hunt in the backyard. When things do go smooth- parenthood is amazing. So rewarding, so fulfilling- so unlike anything else in this world. I'll just have to remember these good times when it is not so smooth sailing. But for now- cheers to an excellent weekend. Hopefully many more to come!
4 comments:
*sigh* the dog.
We love Buck and he is a great guy and terribly patient and gentle with the kids but we're finding that a dog without a fenced yard is not a happy thing. If YOU'd like to adopt Buck we'd probably consider it. Like I said, he's great, but he really needs a yard with a fence to roam.
Thanks for the St. Patty's day reminder. I'll dress S in green tomorrow.
Joy! That cowboy cake is AMAZING! So cute...you are so talented. Love the website, it's so nice to hear about the little life-details that we miss out on. Love you guys--Shan, D and B
The boys look so handsome in thier vests!
Those little vests!! I love it. We have two (!) dogs, both lab mixes, and honestly, I couldn't imagine our house without them-but I'm sure at times it would be easier without them. The kids however, LOVE them and they are so great with the kids. Good luck with the search! Cute cookies by the way-your class must love you. I must say I'm a bit bummed that I didn't get to know you more while we were in the same place!
Post a Comment