Saturday, July 19, 2008

Exclusively for the culturally refined

I had initially launched into a diatribe about society, ethics, and unwritten rules and their role in development as it pertains to gender. But then I had an epiphany: nobody cares! If you want to hear me sounding like a know-it-all, contact me at CenterPointe, Inc. Mental and Behavioral Healthcare (and if you want to hear about the aforementioned subject, or listen to me talking, you may actually really need counseling).

And so, without further ado, I will attempt to be humorous just for your enjoyment:

The culturally refined guide to "WhiteTrashinese," a rural Idaho dialect. (Note: this post may contain authentic white trash phrases, and will probably include swear words) What follows is an appendix of terminology from one culture translated in such a way that the smartest of you will be able comprehend. Also included you will find an example of the translated expression.

"Gimme" - A request, usually for assitance. Please, pass me the tea and scones.

"Jerry-rigged"- A haphazard repair job. No worries, my friend, I used my ingenuity to create an innovative solution to the problem.

"Thing-a-majigger"- An item not otherwise identifiable by a specific name. The item whose proper name escapes me.

"Pist" - An un-educated spelling of the word "pissed," usually used to denote negative emotion. And so it was, I found myself feeling rather unsettled.

"'Pose to" - A statement of obligation or responsibility. To do so is my duty.

"Orientated" - The conjugated form of the word, "oriented." I am fully prepaired, trained, and confident.

"Might could" - A statement of intention. I believe I will attend the previously discussed event.

"Hotd#mn" - An expression of wonder and amazement. That is truly noteworthy.

"Shiv" - A derivitive of the prison term, meaning a sharp object. A portable, oft-cylindrical shaped object with sharp edge.

"Lemme" - An offer, usually an offer of assistance. Allow me to assist you.

"Half a#@" - A descriptive term which describes a sup-par effort. That performance was certainly not commensurate with his ability level, chum.

"F an A" - An expression of affirmation or agreement. I wholeheartedly agree with you, my friend.

"Git er done" - An expression of exhortation or encouargement. That is a fantastic idea! Go forth with my endorsement!

"Sheeeeeeyooooot" - An expression of doubt or uncertainty. I am concerned about the credibility of this report.

"Sumbitch" - An expression of disbelief. I can hardly believe my eyes, chap.

"Cain't" - An expression of inability. I am unable to comply with your request.

1 comment:

m c i l r o y f a m i l y said...

haha! I think that dialect is also spoken in Washington state!