But they had a WONDERFUL time visiting Grandmas' houses. They didn't want to come home- until they saw Dad in the driveway. Luke screamed "Dadeeeeee!! My Dadeeeee!" And Ian had a huge smile that I'm sure Jer will remember forever. Jer missed us and fell victim to the ugly spirit of loneliness and ......laziness. (at his admission) I came home to a some-what Bachelor Pad- (well I shouldn't say that- there was only 1 empty pizza box on the counter. ) dried up flowers, and bills that didn't make it out the door. But-he did get a car repair, (after a breakdown on Thursday night) the lawn done, the trash out, and kept things fairly picked up- so I shouldn't complain. We missed him in the memories of our trip.
So I have a million pics- but here are a few-
The boys jumping with cousin Bailey.
It was a great trip and worth all the work. I want the boys to have a close relationship with their family despite the miles. Both grandparents were amazing in helping make the trip enjoyable and practical. Thanks guys!
Yesterday was Jer's 30th birthday. I had originally planned to have a big party but with it being summer and all- many people were out of town. So what's the next best thing? Roaring Springs-with no kids! Haha. His best friend surprised him and came into town to join us as well as his dad. It was great to laugh together, scream together and just make the best of the small little water park we do have. I did my best to plan special things to make it the best birthday I possibly could for him, reminding him that at 30- he's got so much great things ahead of him- it shouldn't be a depressing occasion! Anyway- it was WONDERFUL!
Today we're going to tackle the rest of this landscaping. Summer is coming to a close- CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I have so much more to say- but it will have to wait. There's always something that needs to be done, isn't there?
2 comments:
I can't believe you made it round trip with a 3 year old and a 2 year old! You truly are Super Mom! I am so happy you made the trip, it was so awesome to see you and the boys. Even with the million miles between us, you and your family are still some of the most special people in my life! So, when's the next trip?! :)
Love the pics of the fabulous weekend we had!!! I already want you to come back. I was amazed at how you manned up the night we went to El Volcan! Gotta love you for that. Everyone looks great in our group picture except for the albino in the pink tank. Wow she needs to look into getting some concealer that matches her neck. You know most girls go to dark but not me I like to look as white as possible. Give the boys loves for me.
Post a Comment