What I think I love most about Ian's age now - is that he is beginning to pretend. I love the world of imagination. I wish I had more of it now! Last night, he began talking about chocolate. (a man after my own heart...) but not eating it...swimming in it. "Mom, mom! Get in the boat! Quick, mom! Watch out for the chocolate!" ...oooKay. "Where's the boat, Ian?" "Over here, Mom! You need to row the boat." Accompanied by the song of course, which he knows about 70% correctly. "Lukey, c'mon! Get in the boat!" he shouts! Chocolate is coming out of everything, ..of course.? I begin to wonder if maybe I am misunderstanding him. Maybe he isn't saying chocolate. But then he reaches his hand out to grab a handful from the near by canyon walls we are rowing through, "Yum! Chocolate!" he says with a smile. That's my boy!
I called my babysitter, laughing about where he possibly would get this idea. She reported that he and a friend had been finding pretend chocolate treasure in the sand earlier. He took this concept and "rowed" with it! I had a great video clip of dad rowing with them but I can't get it to upload.
Here the boys are checking to see if the grass is getting bigger. Ian has really been tabbing the spring progress.

2 comments:
so cute Joy! I love the swimming in chocolate idea; great imagination!
That's so neat! The blessings of listening go both ways -- for parents and for children. They blossom from your attention, and YOU escape reality into the dreams of childhood. Shoo, by the grandparent age, we almost forget how to dream dreams of chocolate. Maybe next time I'm there I'll get swept away in an M&M landslde!
Post a Comment