Monday, May 5, 2008






After the traumatic head injury (actually- it was very minimal! I took him to the doctor and then back to daycare and I returned to work!) life continued busy as normal with the 2nd grade Olympics on Friday. We have been studying Ancient Greece and the Olympics and comparing them to the modern day Olympics. We had our own Olympics and a Greek feast to wrap up our unit.
I can't seem to get it to rotate....



Saturday morning- we went to donuts and then Jer went to pick up Gunner to bring him back for some play time to see how he does with the boys. I took the boys to the park to feed the ducks.


Gunner did well. He seems a little hyper for my taste- but I'm sure after we go through obedience school with him and the boys chase him around- he'll eventually mellow out a little. I pray.


The weekend was good. Sunday night the boys played for a long time outside while we sat on the patio and watched. They chased each other around and laughed together. It was a beautiful sound.


So- speaking of my quads crying out in pain- Jer and I decided to join some friends in running the Sawtooth relay. A 62 mile relay divided up between 6 people running 2 legs of 5 miles each. You know, I've worked out pretty regularly for several years now, so it's not like I'm starting this cold turkey- but this is another level I think. But- it's good for us to have a goal and it pushes us harder. I just hope I'll be ready by June. Maybe I'll shed a few rubber tires doing it. Ewwh....just in time for swimsuit season, too. (speaking of- I have many unanswered questions about the unwritten rules of swimsuit wear= be looking for an upcoming post) Okay = time to hit the hay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a cool race and an even better way to kick off swimsuit wearing season! I can't wait to hear about it:)

Amanda said...

I will be waiting with anticipation for the upcoming swi,suit post!