This is a follow-up post to Bridgette's recent blurb about the fashion mishaps of D on D. Now let's start off by saying- I am in no way a fashionista- nor do I have any right to claim fashion trend dos or don'ts when I am usually about 3 years behind in all my attire. Is it really not cool to still own and wear clothes you owned in high school? Opps. What about sewing up a pair of leather shoes that insists on separating? What? No one else buys $5 watches at Walmart, until that pair breaks or is lost by little toddlers?- Speaking of blazers, Tami- I have a great one in my closet that I could have used in high school! Well, despite all my current fashion fall outs, I actually, at one time in my life- had it a little more together.

Don't be jealous- but yes, it is a "Student Choice Award" for Best Dressed from 9th grade. I aspired to receive this honor. But- putting my accreditation aside, I do have a few strong opinions in the name of fashion recalls. ( by the way- save your comments on my last name if you just discovered that!)
1. Fanny Packs- Why? Just grab a purse, a backpack, anything. There is nothing important enough that merits a fanny pack.
2. Shoulder pads- (sigh) I need not say a word.
3. Thongs peering out over jeans- The dental floss should be between you and your doc. Don't show the whole world.
4. Cleavage screaming to come out- Okay, although I might have a rack that tends to peek out of tops occasionally or when I'm bending over, I definitely don't purposefully do so. I would prefer to be a nice B cup, I believe. Instead of lugging around these melons. (actually they have surprisingly toned down a bit after kids. Thank God.- I used to get black eyes)
5. Mullets or women that shave the side parts right above the ear. There's just no good reason for this.
6. VLP's (Visible Panty Lines) Okay I saw this on a website, I wish I made it up. But actually- I am a serious offender of this one. NEVER see through pants- but sometimes I wear underwear when the outfit really calls for thongs.
7. Jumpers- One piece items are pretty much only for kids 5 and under. (that's being generous).
8. Men's tucked in shirt with no belt. - ouch.
9. D on D- okay here's the hot spot! I have personal convictions about D on D. Always have. But if you feel comfortable in it- go for it. I feel a bit like a blueberry-Definitely a faux pas in my mind. After the terrible stunt by Candee and Bridgette, I confessed that I would never say anything even to the dearest friend, but my fashion radar definitely goes off. Then again- I'm sure I'd get creamed in "What Not to Wear".
10. Cord on Cord- (Same dilemma) No Corduroy jacket with Cord pants.
UP FOR DEBATE-
Black on brown, brown on black?????
I've heard lately that it is considered to be okay. But I have always thought you can't mix the 2. (shoes, belt, etc.) What do you guys say? Any other big ones I missed? I've tried to be considerate of what might be in our closets, so we don't bash ourselves too much!
Next we'll discuss the dreadful hunt of swimsuit shopping.
Oh man, I get mad just thinking about it.
5 comments:
Fashion recalls I hope to never see again:
Bodysuits ala 1990s
Pegged pants or tapered leg pants.
S on S- Socks on Sandals.
K on K- Khaki on Khaki. Chad actually came up with these. He has been SO self-concious after the picture I posted of him wearing socks with sandals. SO self-conscious in fact that he called Luke and Sherry at 11:00pm that night to explain that he had socks on, needed to go outside, and just slipped his sandals on to do that. Silly man. Is he not the guy who wore a mullet and molestash to church for ALL to see???? Miss you too!!
white socks with black shoes...not ok.
Joy!!! So i'm TERRIBLE at blogging. I just came across your comment from probably MONTHS ago! Your boys are adorable! Hope you are doing great! Umm. . .black and brown I think can be worn together VERY carefully in an outfit but accessories must match. Ex. black belt, black shoes. Personal fashion no-no: overalls on guys. . .just doesn't look right at all :)
How about skirts or shorts that are wider than they are long?? I think the ratio should be at the very least 1:1. Also, I'd be pretty darn irritated to have to try to get my hair to look good in a banana clip again.
Post a Comment