Then I went to wake up the boys this morning and I walked right past this gift from Ian. Jer had to point it out to me and I read it to Ian as he was waking up.
It's a cute story book called "Let's Go on a Mommy Date". Potential dates with Mommy are presented but with each one- if it rains, or the movie is too late, or the circus is closed, an alternative is proposed. At the very end, a mommy date can even be a cuddle time or story time which is just as special as a date out. Anyway- a thoughtful and special gift.
Then I walked into Luke's room and walked right over this.
It is a gift certificate to a local tanning salon. I was begging for this gift since my spider veins have spinning webs all up my legs. He even found a coupon in the Nampa Recreation Guide and got one tanning package free.
Jer is so thoughtful and great about creative gifts. It's one of his greatest qualities.
The boys napped and I got some laundry done, watched the Lakers game with Jer and got my 5 mile run in. After dinner, we had a mommy date to do the one thing that any child of mine will learn to do.
Make chocolate chip cookies!!!
The best part? Tasting the product!
6 comments:
So cute! I love their little aprons. Glad you had a good day!
What an awesome day!!! I agree, Jeremy is a great gift-thinker-upper.
Your boys are so cute.
What a fun day! 5 mile run is quite impressive! Luke and I are doing a 10K in a couple weeks...I'm thinking I better start adding a bit of a jog to our reg. 4 mile jaunt (complete walking)
I LOVE the little kitchen helpers! What a good teacher they have! And a good model for how to treat a mom!!! You're an amazing bunch!
I love that he went shopping for you:) Incredibly sweet, even if they don't fit!
5 miles! The first 5 are the hardest, everything after that is all downhill! You can do 10 without any trouble - keep going! Make sure you get pics of your race to post!
Aww, I miss those boys!!! They are precious, and so blessed to have you as their mama! :)
Post a Comment