Thursday, May 1, 2008

Well it was going to be an ordinary Thursday, busy preparing for an eventful Friday and upcoming weekend- but I got a call right before lunch that Ian was goofing off outside during lunchtime and fell out of his chair with a slam to the concrete. So- I went to pick him up and he was as happy as could be. He told his friend Hunter, "I'm gonna go to the doctor and get my head fixed and I be right back, K Hunter?"

While we were waiting he was just in a delightful mood. He found a Bible sitting on table and opened it up and began singing "Jesus loves me...." pretending that he was reading. Then when he finished, he looked up with a big proud smile. He flipped the pages and began reading "Twinkle, twinkle...."




The doc came and cleaned it really well and just put some glue in it. It was open but not too long so he lucked out.


In other news, this weekend we are interviewing a potential 5 member of the family. We'll need to see if he will make a comfortable fit and will adhere to the rules and living conditions. This is how I hope the interview will go.


Me (spokesman for the family): Why would you be a valuable part of our family?

Gunner: I think that I would be a good companion to Jer and to the boys, maybe even you if you gave me a chance. Maybe I could teach some responsibility to the boys.

Me: How do you feel about long periods out doors? Do you expect to be inside at all times?

Gunner: No, no. I enjoy the outdoors. In fact, I prefer to be out there versus inside a cluttered house. I like to lay in the grass and listen to the birds serenade the trees.

Me: Since we're on the subject, will we have a problem with outside boundaries? There are a few areas that I would really prefer us to have a strict agreement on. I need you no where near my flower beds, the trash or the fence boards. Would it be too much to have a designated pooping area?

Gunner: Not at all. Just let me know where the best spot would be for you and I can make it happen. Or- I can just go when we go on walks. Either way.

Me: Now, have you had your urine tested for toxins that damage the grass? We had a real problem with that previously and we really want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Gunner: Yes, my urine is completely organic and actually fertilizes your grass.

Me: Excellent. Okay, let's talk about inside. I do have a problem with excessive hair left on furniture, clothes, my cooking, etc. Do you have a preventative hair loss program in place?

Gunner: Well actually I really have minimal shedding. I have a personal hygiene regimene that I follow daily and I need little maintenance.

Me: What are some other strengths?

Gunner: I am very obedient, loving and friendly. I don't jump up, bark, slobber or bite. I LOVE kids and I really feel digging is for puppies. I can walk beside you without a leash, and my poop actually smells like roses. If you leave on vacation, don't worry about me. Just have someone stop by with some grub/water- and I'm cool. I'm really low drama and all about chill mode.

Me: Wow. You sound like a catch. Last question. If a psyhco entered our backyard or house-what would you do?

Gunner: No brainer. Crotch bite all the way.

Me: I like your style. Well I think we can give this a shot. I want us to have an open line of communication between us. If you are feeling frustration about something- I would really expect you to come to me first and discuss it before taking it out on shoes, books or parts of the house. Do you think you can work with that?

Gunner: Definitely. You won't regret it. You'll look back on this day fondly and remember all your doubts and laugh. Don't be so scared. Give me a chance.

Me: I will. But, that's all you have, one chance. Blow it and you'll be shipped off to my sister-in-law's house.

8 comments:

m c i l r o y f a m i l y said...

Joy, you had me rolling with this one. I hope Gunner passes the test. If not, maybe we can train him and Olly to pull a cart and rent them out for parties.

lynn halsey said...

Ha! What a hoot. Let it be known that this gramma no longer has a doggie guest room! Hope it works out...he's a cutie.

Lora said...

Hey Joy!
I excited for you guys and your new guest! I hope he works out for you guys. His hair looks like low maintainece, (compared to Missy's hair).
LB

Amanda said...

I will be anxious to get a report about the weekend! Glad Ian is okay- he and Luke will be fun to watch with Gunner!

KarenK said...

Good luck with Gunner! He's a cutie pie!

Sherry said...

such a cute dog! Good luck with that!! Glad Mr. Ian is ok.

grammasnotes said...

Just too cute! And so precious. So proud of Ian! He's growing up, Mama, learning the right things -- being a 3 yr old! You're great parents! And Luke and Ian and Dad are going to be so happy to have a Puppy! Good luck to YOU! Sweet Mama!

Wende Tindall said...

I love the humor in your posts. There's always a one liner that gets me laughing. The interview was great!